Sleeping Tablets Medications
What are Sleeping Tablets?
Sleeping pills are psychoactive drugs used to induce sleep, treat insomnia or maintain peaceful sleep if one is prone to waking up between the nights. They are sedatives that can be combined with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to improve efficiency when it comes to attainting a healthy sleep cycle.
Sleeping pills may also be known as:
- Sleep aids
Sleeping tablets can be divided into two categories:
- Benzodiazepines: Such medications have dual functionality. Although such medications are primarily used to treat anxiety symptoms, sleeping difficulties may also stem from anxiety and can be treated using the same drug. Benzodiazepines have sedative effects and may help treat insomnia.
- Non-Benzodiazepines: Such medications are recommended for patients who suffer from sleeping difficulties as they have a sleep-inducing effect. Using such drugs may help patients achieve 7-8 hours of sleep.
Generally, sleeping medicines should be used for short periods or need-based. Such drugs may be beneficial when an individual is going through massive stress, such as the loss of death or divorce.
What causes insomnia?
Insomnia is considered a sleep disorder that can cause a patient difficulty in falling asleep, staying awake or falling back to sleep once awake. In such medical conditions, the patient is likely to feel tired even after waking up, which attacks their energy levels, mood, health, work performance and ability to function in life as whole.
Although the quantity of sleep required varies for every human, most adults require 7 to 8 hours a night to function during the day.
Every adult may experience insomnia at least once for a short or long period in their life. Be it acute or chronic insomnia; the medical condition may be a primary health condition or a result of other medical conditions or treatments.
The causes of chronic or acute insomnia may vary depending on other health conditions of the patient. However, some common causes of insomnia are:
- Stress – Concerns regarding finances, education, work or relationships may keep an individual's mind occupied even at night, making it hard to sleep. Traumatic life events such as the death of a loved one or a job loss, or divorce may also lead to chronic insomnia lasting for successive days or months.
- Sleeping Habits – Being in contact with screens just before bed is one of the most harmful acts one could do, leading to an irregular sleep cycle or insomnia. Other factors leading to a poor sleeping cycle may include irregular bedtime, naps, working, eating and doing any stimulating activity before bed.
- Overeating before bedtime – Overeating before bed may lead to uncomfortable nights because of heartburn or a flow of food from the stomach to the esophagus. Eating late at night may hence lead to insomnia.
- Consumption of Nicotine, Caffeine or Alcohol – Tea, coffee, sodas or other caffeinated liquids can act as stimulants. Intake of such drinks in the evening may awake an individual at night. Tobacco or nicotine products may also interfere with sleep. On the other hand, alcohol may stimulate sleep but affect sleep quality.
- Irregular work schedules or travelling - Circadian rhythms control the body's sleep cycle and temperature. With very early or late shifts and travelling from one time zone to another disrupts the body's circadian rhythm, leading to insomnia.
- Medical conditions – Many conditions may lead to unstable sleep quality or insomnia. Such conditions include cancer, severe pain, heart diseases, diabetes, asthma, Parkinson's disease and Gastro-esophageal refluxes.
- Mental health conditions or disorders – Anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorders or depression may lead to difficulty falling asleep.
- Sleep-related issues – Disorders such as restless legs syndrome (constantly feeling the urge to move one’s legs) or sleep apnea (disruption in breathing while sleeping) may prevent one from falling asleep.
- Medications – Medicines such as blood pressure drugs, asthma drugs and antidepressants can interfere with sleep. Over-the-top medicines such as pain killers or weight loss products may contain caffeine that may disrupt sleep.
How do sleeping tablets work?
All sleeping tablets work by targeting the brain with drowsiness. Some medications are specially created to work as sleeping tablets to induce sleep, while others are designed with sedation as a common side effect.
Most sleeping tablets work by targeting an increase of a naturally produced chemical known as gamma-aminobutyric (GABA). GABA is responsible for behaviours and how the body reacts to stress. It is supposed to play a vital role in calming nerve activity. Insomnia, poor sleep quality, restlessness or anxiety usually occurs when there are low levels of GABA. Sleeping tablets enhance the levels of GABA within the body, reducing the excitement of the extra-active nerves that tend to induce drowsiness or sleep.
Types of Insomnia treatments available
Although such drugs can be categorized in many ways, it is best to categorize them based on how they can be purchased from a pharmacy or online medical store.
There are two types of insomnia treatments available:
- Over-the-counter (OTC) sleeping tablets - OTC sleeping tablets can be purchased by any adult who requires them. They are available in pharmacies, dispensaries or online medical stores. OTC tablets often contain an antihistamine, a drug used to treat allergies by making one sleepy or drowsy. Other OTC sleeping tablets include Valerian or Melatonin, which are commonly used. Valerian is a herb that brings relaxation and eventually induces sleep when a patient takes it. On the other hand, Melatonin is a natural body hormone that brings sleep and drowsiness. Although over-the-counter sleeping tablets are readily available, it is advisable for the patient taking such drugs to check with their doctor or a professional healthcare expert if the chosen drug does not interfere or react with other medications or supplements.
- Prescription sleeping tablets – Such sleeping aids are likely to be much stronger than over-the-counter sleeping tablets. Therefore, one may require an expert's or doctor's prescription to purchase such potent drugs. Benzodiazepines and Antidepressants are some prescription sleeping tablets available in pharmacies or online medical stores.
Side effects of taking sleeping tablets
80% of people taking sleeping tablets experience some kind of side effects of the drug. Side effects are common, be it a hangover feeling a day after using the sleeping tablet or feeling weak. Side effects may vary from one type of medication to another. Generally, typical side effects do not affect everyone and may also be mild. Significant side effects like sleeping, walking, or sleep-driving may be infrequent.
Over-the-counter or prescription sleeping tablets are likely to cause the following side effects
- Dry mouth
- Muscle weakness
- Balance problems
- Daytime Sleepiness
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Gastro issues such as heartburn, gas and nausea.
Over time, most patients' bodies get used to the medication, reducing side effects. Moreover, if usage and dosage precautions are carefully followed, side effects can be minimized to a great extent. Consuming alcohol or taking other medications may also lead to more side effects. Allergic reactions occur rarely, but taking medical advice from a health care expert may reduce any adverse effects.
Buy the best sleeping tablets online.
Pharmacies or dispensaries now exist beyond markets. E-shopping and E-commerce have developed drastically over the years. Purchasing medicines has now become only a matter of a click and is much more economical than the previous years when one had to stand in a long queue to purchase their required medications.
People around the globe can now go online to visit pharmacies like ours to buy any type of medication they require. Our online pharmacy allows you to purchase sleeping tablets that you may need at any time. When you buy sleeping pills or any other medicines through an online pharmacy like us, you are likely to receive the following benefits
- The website contains essential guidelines regarding sleeping pills' usage, dosage and side effects, making it reliable and easy to find the right drug.
- We provide medicines at low rates compared to pharmacies or one-stop medical stores.
- We have an option that allows you to chat with our professional pharmacists if you have queries.
- We protect your privacy. Your information remains discreet.
- We allow you to purchase medicines at any time on the clock. Our website is accessible 24/7.
- We have different sleeping tablets available that give you a variety to choose from.
- We offer express shipping options.
As they say, your health is your wealth, so do not delay any treatment you require and buy any kind of sleeping tablet from our online pharmacy today!